Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Music Swappage!


I've listened to a lot of music in my 30 years of life. We're talking about tons of music here, people.  And not just one style of music; I mean, that would be too simple and normal. I do have A.D.D. after all!

At one point of time I may or may not have listened to The New Kids on the Block. Maybe I did because I found a cassette tape at a garage sale while visiting my Grandmother for summer in Wisconsin. But who knows, maybe that didn't really happen. {At least, I try to think of that as not happening.} Don't worry; if I were to have gotten a tape like that, it would have been trashed as soon as I came back to school and heard everyone talking about LAME the NKOTB were. [Insert blush here.]

I went through a summer in middle school where I listened to nothing but classical music like Vivaldi, Beethoven, Bach and Tchaikovsky and read things like Shakespeare (really, ask my Mom) or To Kill a Mockingbird. For fun. {Actually, I still do things like that; but that's just how I am}

Then I was over that and started to listen to Alternative like Nirvana, Metallica, Weezer, Filter... I also cut my hair in a pixie cut, dyed it bleach blond and wore alternative style gear. Oh, and I also wanted to get a tattoo on my cheek of a star. Like Star Bright. Thank goodness that didn't happen.

From Alternative, I moved over to punk rock. My boyfriend in High School played for a punk rock band so for a while I listened to things like N.O.F.X., No Doubt and Blink 182. And yes, he did have a mohawk.

At some point in my early twenties, I also went through a country music phase where Tim McGraw and Martina McBride were my best friends. I was really trying to be a good girl since I was a teacher and I needed to be an example. I still listen to country music... I do live in TEXAS after all! {It's kinda unavoidable.}

So basically, if you have it, I probably have it too or at least something very near to it.

Anyway, are you wondering what all this talk about music is for?!!

Well, I thought it would be fun to do a little music swappage. You share with me, I share with you; how is this not a good plan? ;-)

So let me know if you'd like to swap a mixed music CD!

I promise there won't be NKOTB on it. But the rest will be a surprise! [Hint: If you look at the music at the bottom of the page, you'll have an idea of what kind of music I'm listening to right now.]

I'll give you to Friday to speak up. Meanwhile, I think I'll go browse my iTunes music list!

P.S. I'm thinking of music that you're listening to right now; unless, you know, you want to get all golden oldie on me; after all, maybe that's what you're really listening to! Like everything else, I went Woodstock-Era crazy my Freshman year of High School so I'm not above a little Creedence Clearwater Revival, Jimi Hendrix or songs like 'Werewolves of London.'

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jessica said...

count me in...BUT...I am going to let BART read this post and then make the c.d.
Oh, and I used to dream that the NKOTB came to my house and surprised me.

Jeni said...

I want in!!! I'll email my address to you. I *think* I have yours.

Allison said...

I love making (and receiving) mix CDs! Is this offer still open?