I love the excitement of Christmas Eve and the anticipation of Christmas morning. It's one of the few times that I feel that exhuberant boisterous joy that I felt as a child where you're too ecstatic to sleep and where you're beyond excited to pass out the gifts you've gotten and to see what surprises await you. Troy and I were beside ourselves for the kids to wake up and to let Christmas morning commence, but collectively they both decided (on the one day that we were all up and ready to go) to sleep in. At 8:30, they were still not awake so we tiptoed upstairs, softly called their names but there was no stirring these cherubs! Finally almost a half hour later, our sleepy heads decided to emerge.
Chloe really did not know what to think of all the hoolabaloo. She took everything out of her stocking, inspected it then generally spent the rest of the time on the outskirts of the living room with her fingers tucked in her mouth and her blanket pulled up to her chin. I think with everything going on it was just too overwhelming for her. We managed to pull her back into the fray a couple of times, but she really didn't get what it was all about. I'm sure she'll catch on next year!
Peyton was thrilled with his new camera, his dungeon and knights set, and the play laptop computer his Mimzy and Sir Grandpa got him. His Grandmother Linda also bought Peyton and Chloe a whole new wardrobe-- there were many beautiful things for Chloe and many outfits that make our handsome little guy look sharp. Thanks Linda! (They wear something you bought them every day!)
Both of the kids got books from my Uncle Bruce and his wife Chris which Chloe wanted to read on the spot! In addition to that, Chloe was spoiled with a drum and musical instrument set and a Fisher Price doll house. Mimzy and Sir Grandpa also got her a miniature play laptop too!
But really, I think I was the most spoiled of all. Troy knows my love of books so he got me an Amazon gift card to read to my heart's desire. If that wasn't enough, he also got me a Cricut paper cutter, new p.j.'s, and a new workout outfit. Troy got some much needed new shirts and blue jeans, a talk on CD that he's been trying to hunt down for forever, and a television series on DVD that I thought he'd enjoy.
The shirt above is a joke between Peyton and Troy. Troy often tells Peyton to 'Hold your horses' when Peyton wants something right away. This shirt says 'Hold Your Horses' and shows the silhouette of a person hugging a horse. At the bottom it says 'Even Horses Need to be Held Sometimes'.
Hilarious.
My Mom loved seeing all of the excitement of Christmas morning!
Speaking of my Mom and Dad, my parents spoiled us GOOD. There was a Wii for me!!And a smoker for Troy!
And my Dad joined in the fun too. He and my Mom exchanged iPads so they were very merry. :) The things we got them weren't nearly as cool. ;)
And I got the steam mop I've been wanting to get!
Overall, it was a VERY merry Christmas. I hope your Christmas was ever so merry too!
2 comments:
It has been forever since I have seen Chloe and Peyton- they are both so grown up!! Looks like you all had a great Christmas!
troy's smoker looked like a rocket ship in that picture!!! I can so see you lovin' a steam mop ;)
Post a Comment